At Royalton Place, our memory care program, Kingswood Court, is unique in the Milwaukie area. We offer multiple living arrangements including private studio units as well as shared accommodations. Each resident is encouraged to bring their favorite belongings from home to make the adjustment to their new living arrangements easier, and our staff is specially trained to assist residents at all stages of the dementia disease process. Ongoing educational classes and resources are available for families who wish to learn more about the dementia, and our staff is available 24 hours a day for support. Residents who are in the early stages of the disease are often just beginning to experience issues related to memory loss. With the proper support by trained professionals, independence can still be encouraged, increasing confidence and enhancing quality of life for as long as possible. This approach, coupled with opportunities to engage in well-designed activity and social programs have proven to be vital factors in aging with dignity at our community.
Kingswood Court at Royalton Place was designed to nurture the senses with bright, beautiful surroundings that encourage connection and enjoyment of nature. The outdoors are invited in by the large windows looking out onto our garden and patio that surrounds the neighborhood. Our life enrichment program is vibrant and varied based on the interests of our current residents. Sit & stretch, trivia hour, art classes, pet therapy, card games and scenic drives are often found on our activity calendar. Our neighborhood itself is security code protected so our residents can walk and wander safely inside and out.
Memory Care Program Services
We designed our memory care services with the ever-changing needs of those who are living with Alzheimers Disease and other dementias in mind. No two days are ever exactly the same, so although a customized care plan is created for every resident, most of our care is already included in the base rent making it easier to take each day as it comes and provides the care that is needed when it is needed. Our convenient monthly rent for all of our memory care residents includes the following care and amenities:
- Assistance with daily dressing (including cognitive assistance, reminders, and redirection)
- Encouragement and cueing to maintain independence with activities of daily living
- Assistance with grooming
- Bathroom assistance
- Bathing and showering
- Escorts to activities
- Personal laundry
- Three nutritious, balanced meals and frequent snacks prepared by our on-site chef
Memory Care Program Services continued
- Transportation to appointments and special outings on our community coach
- Daily housekeeping
- Individualized activity programming and daily life enrichment programs including crafts, cooking, games, music and more
- Emergency assistance/24-hour staff
- Utilities (except telephone)
- Medication assistance (storing, administering, assisted and supervising of prescriptions and over the counter medications)
- Access to serene, enclosed courtyard with walking and gardening spaces
- Pet, aroma, and physical therapies
- Fitness classes
- Support groups/educational classes and resources for families
Other services are available for an additional fee, such as one or two person transfers, complex nursing support, incontinence care, safety checks, meal assistance, and more.
We also offer respite stays for families who are looking for a more short-term option for their loved one.